Saturday, May 21, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things featuring Cheri Bury

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



It's Karen with you, and this week I have invited...
 The very talented Cheri Bury!  We met online when we were on two design teams together, and realized that we live about an hour apart, so we've been lucky enough to meet up several times and spend some crafty time together.  I love her bright & fun creations, and her colouring is just amazing.  Check out Cheri's blog, CheriB Designs to get all the details on the two gorgeous cards that she made to share with us this week



I asked Cheri to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
I called my blog CheriB Designs. I started my blog in November of 2013, because I wanted to start entering challenges and showcase my cards. It’s also a great way to see how far you have progressed.

2. What is your style of card making?
I’d say my style is bold and fun! I love using bright colors and layering my images and papers to make everything stand out.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
When I first started card making, I was (and still am inspired) by Amy Rysavy from Prairie Paper & Ink. I loved that she is also Canadian and has great videos on her card making techniques. Since then I am also inspired by Sharon Caudle (Gramma’s House of Cards), Karen Day (Karen’s Creations) and Sandy Allnock. All great Designers with each having their own great styles!

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I find my inspiration starts with whatever stamp I am using and then progress’s to the paper collection I am using. I have a 6x6 paper pad addiction LOL - and the papers and colors help with my inspiration. I also get a ton of inspiration from Pinterest!
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
Today is actually my 12th Anniversary. I met my Husband online and it’s been an awesome adventure with him ever since! We had a very small wedding and my Grandma was my Maid of Honour. She was thrilled and touched to be asked and that is one of the best memories I have of her from that special day!

Here is Cheri's card using this week's inspiration!




The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!


Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/



Keeway Tsao-http://kiwikoncepts.com/  




Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com 









And from me, Karen Dayhttp://kdaycreations.blogspot.ca/


We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Thursday, May 26th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:

  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your guest spot, Cheri! Both your cards are beautiful! Love how you did the backgrounds! It was awesome reading and learning a bit more about you, and you rocked the challenge!! :) And I must say I'm honestly very humbled that you named me as a source of your inspiration. Gorgeous cards by the design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the most beautiful photos - I just seem to be incapable of playing weekly challenges. Glad I did this time. I love all the varied styles of DT projects.

    ReplyDelete